Nov’17 – Why are we here?
Written by Hopestore
Can we really make a difference?
In one of our recent Facebook posts we talked about the pristine natural beauty of New Zealand. It was great to see how passionate Kiwis are to protect this treasure we call home, but also noticeable how concerned we all are about the damage that continues to occur. There’s a bunch of things we can blame like intensive farming, outdated policy, corporate greed and mismanagement of natural resources. It’s also easy to feel overwhelmed at the size and scale of the contributing factors. Yet, at the end of the day we are the people and we make this country what it is. So the question is, what can we really do to make a difference?
At Hopestore we believe a good place to start is with everyday buying power. If you think your daily purchases doesn’t have an impact, take a look at the infographic at the top of the page. Sure it’s US based, but consider the scale versus impact equation.
The Producers who sell their Products through Hopestore do their bit to make things better for people and the planet.
- They are proud of the high quality and effectiveness their products but it’s their motivation that sets them apart.
- Whether it is by local employment, sourcing local ingredients, producing sustainably, using organic ingredients, supporting social enterprise, using traditional methods or education about healthier alternatives, it is a step in the right direction.
- By supporting these Producers we help them to grow in these areas and other areas they aspire to, such as attaining organic certification or identifying and utilising better ingredients.
Ideally we will plant a tree a day, support our local community, eat only organic, be fully self-sustainable and never pollute. We’re not there yet, but we can take the next step from the land of awareness to the land of direct action. Redirecting even a small portion of our spending towards this becomes the groundswell while we learn from being part of it.
Visit the store and get 10% off until 19th November in the EAT category.
Meet M&R Essentials ‘The Raw Pharmacist’ and her comprehensive selection of the world’s purest, toxin free tonics, certified organic skincare and supplements. All products are so pure you can eat them! Learn how these products can help you and clear up , and soothe s. Recently Rachelle wrote a great piece on how allergies and other chronic illnesses all stem from an unhealthy gut. Read the blog here.
A Special shout out to:
An inspirational group of Kiwis making a difference in the lives of little people.
- Our friends at Gurgl NZ have come up with a brilliant way to help parents of babies with a subscription based service to baby clothing.
- It takes out the stress of having to buy often as baby grows as well as doing your bit for the environment.
- You can support this not-for-profit community organisation here Pledge Me
- Alternatively, go see ‘THE TRUE COST’ a Gurgle movie fundraiser, on Wednesday 15 Nov’17. RSVP [email protected]
Interesting products to note:
Be the change you want to see in the world (thanks Ghandi!)
Ka ki teano!
Share this article: